CNG in Blythewood, SC is now hiring Extrusion Technicians due to expansion and growth! Be a part of our dynamic Team! We are seeking candidates with excellent multi-tasking skills, who enjoy working in a fast paced environment, and who exhibits the physical capabilities to effectively and safely perform all aspects of the job in accordance with the physical standards of the position.
We are a performance-based company and create a work environment that recognizes the strengths of our employees and encourages their continuous growth and improvement. Essentially, what you put into the job is what you will get out of the job. Your career is in your hands!
This position has potential for career advancement in as little as 3 months, competitive wages and an exceptional benefit package eligible to employees on day one. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, FSA, PTO, paid holidays, quarterly gain share bonus up to 15% of your quarterly earnings, profit sharing, and 401k w/ company match, years of service awards, health club reimbursement, tuition assistance program and continuous on-site training.
Paid: Uniforms, steel toe shoes/ boots, and prescription safety glasses.
An employee in this entry level position is responsible for the efficient operation of extrusion equipment to produce high quality specialty film. This position is an apprentice role spent in a training capacity on Charter NEX’s training program while working closely with experienced operators in line operation.
Additional responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Assures awareness and understanding of CNG safety policies and procedures and operates in a safe manner with no safety incidents
- Dependable and reliable; consistently shows up for work on time and work attendance meets schedule expectations; is prompt for meetings; has an effective, sound work ethic that is demonstrated with consistent performance
- Setup/process control to ensure accurate procedures completing process control documentation
- Working efficiently on production scheduling computers
- Labeling/separating scrap product.
- If you have a High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Mechanical experience is preferred
- Expand knowledge in mathematical areas, such as, addition, subtractions, multiplications, division, and fractions,
- Able to read and use a tape measure,
- Forklift experience,
- 3 plus years Extrusion Operator experience in a manufacturing or Blown Film environment a plus.
- Can lift 55 lbs., and focus on safety and quality production,
- Able to work a 12-hour shift (6-6 am/pm ) you may be just what we are looking for.
- Day Shift: 6 am to 6 pm
- Night Shift: 6 pm to 6 am
- Training Period: 3 weeks working Monday – Thursday 7:00 – 5:00 prior to being assigned a Shift.
***Must show experience on resume/application***